“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord.
“They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
Jeremiah 29:11 NLT
Hello brothers and sisters in Christ,
More than a year ago I wrote my first newsletter article for our congregation. In that article I mentioned that we were looking forward of making Tuckerton our new home. God has great plans for our lives and we have seen them on this first year of ministry at Tuckerton United Methodist Church. Like the scripture says: “I know the plans I have for you”. God’s promise of hope gave us comfort during this transition.
I have had one of the best years of my life, particularly as a leader in the church. Personally, Yareliz and I are so excited for the birth of our son, Jayden. God has blessed us and we are grateful. We cannot wait to hold him in our arms and enjoy this new step as a family. I am also deeply proud of all that you are doing for God and what God is accomplishing in our community of faith. Here are a few things that I saw Christ Jesus at work through you during my first year of ministry:
• We reached and surpassed the attendance of 200 people in our services.
• We added new media resources and our engagement through social media has grown, connecting more people to our church.
• We continue to add new elements to our worship service, like Children’s Time and the participation of our Praise Team.
• New name tags! We have seen new faces in our services and friends have joined our family of faith.
• We have over 25 people participating in service each Sunday.
• We enjoyed families deciding to baptized their children and choosing our congregation to be a role model in their faith life.
• Element Youth Group expanded their ministry and now have two groups.
• Men are reuniting again having two breakfasts every month and planning new activities.
• We have seen Yoga and Meditation groups continue to grow and expand.
Mission Engagement in the community
• The Center for Healing and Wholeness is active and connecting with the community.
• Our Live Nativity and Christmas Celebration was a great way to engage with the community.
• Element Youth Group established a partnership with the Tuckerton Food Pantry to serve and also hosted a Community Dinner. They also adopted a child from Uganda through the Compassion program.
• We transitioned to a new giving service and developed a new app.
• Our Capital Campaign has helped us continue to do works on the Parsonage, Church Facilities and Mission House.
• Your generosity has blessed our church, UMCOR, and families in our community.
Things to look forward on the second year of ministry
• We will ask congregants to share their stories.
• We will have new creative ways to worship and incorporate arts in our worship services.
• We plan to have more participation on worship services.
• We will provide an integrated process that moves guests into the life of the church.
• We will provide small groups intended to care for those outside of the church.
• We will schedule a mission trip to Puerto Rico and also raise offerings for the Miracles Everywhere Campaign.
• We will continue to grow in worship attendance.
• We will continue to see ways we can give back to the community. We want each group to have 1 mission engagement this year.
• We want to increase our giving and accomplish our goals.
In the midst of this transition, I give thanks for all God is doing in and through you. We have great days ahead. We give thanks to our Lord for his blessings, trusting God will continue to guide us.
Thank you for your commitment and dedication to God and Tuckerton United Methodist Church.
With a grateful heart!